Thursday 14 March 2013

Kris Davidson

I thought i would take some spare time to talk about one of my favourite artists who has really inspired me to focus my illustration and artwork.

KrisD is an American artist and tattoo artist who mostly uses isometric drawing for his designs and artwork.


From complex patterns such as this which i used for inspiration for the album artwork for Human Sacrifice Club which can be seen on this blog.


To much more complex pieces of artwork like this that takes isometric drawing to a whole different level.

I have been really inspired by his work and have used it as a spring board to move onto other kinds of pattern drawing such as Mandalas like this one:


I have really enjoyed designing in this style and find patterns really therapeutic. Hopefully i can learn to produce work like Kris's more recent work, i just need to find out how to put my own stamp on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment